1. Have you caught it? The San Onofre Foundation is running a photography visit called “Coastal Presence” now through Sept. 30. Check it out at 3030 Avenida del Presidente, San Clemente or call 949.366.8599. Gallery hours run 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Wednesday–Saturday.
2. Emerging drug trends: The Orange County Sheriff’s Department is hosting a presentation Thursday at the Capistrano Unified School District headquarters to inform the public and parents about emerging drug trends. From 6:30-8:30 p.m., you’ll learn how to spot the at-risk behaviors that could be communicating trouble. You’ll also find out what the latest drugs going around the schools are and how students hide them. The talk will be offered in English and Spanish. See online flier for more information.
3. Grab the popcorn and make your day: Here’s today’s line-up for the opening day of the West Coast Film Festival in San Juan Capistrano. All showings are at the Regency Theater.
- 3 p.m. In The Good Old Summertime
- 5:30 p.m Pale Rider
- 8 p.m.- Eastwood Directs: The Untold Story (Premiere) – According to IMBd, this documentary highlights the more the 40 movies that Clint Eastwood has made. It explores his style of direction and features comments from people with whom he has worked.
- Followed by an after party at Rick's Cafe for appetizers and a no-host bar.
You can buy tickets here.
4. Incoming! Boundary Birds plays live music from 7-10 p.m. at The Cellar, 156 Avenida Del Mar, San Clemente, 949.492.3663.
5. Patch read of the day: Woman Killed in Crown Valley Crash with Tree ID'd