1. Oldies and goodies: San Clemente resident Mark Siet gets a kick out of playing music at senior centers and senior housing complexes.
“It is a treasure to play for these folks with their wonderful life stories, sense of humor and of course their appreciation for music,” he said.
Siet and wife JJ will be playing jazz and blues noon to 1 p.m. at the San Clemente Senior Center Friday long with friend Dan Fineberg on bass.
They also regularly play in San Diego and other Orange County locations, such as Aegis in Dana Point, Aegis in Laguna Niguel, the Fountains in Dana Point, Sunrise in Mission Viejo, and Vintage in Mission Viejo, to name a few!
“When we play they dance and sing and they have such a good time. Their faces always light up with smiles,” Siet said.
2. Quirky day alert: Today is radio day. We don’t think Pandora counts. What’s your favorite radio station?
3. Classes for the big kids: Capistrano Adult School is pleased to announce that its fall 2013 brochure of classes is available now online at www.CapistranoAdultSchool.org. Online registration will “go live” this morning at 9 for the following program areas:
- Mommy-and-Me /Daddy-and-Me
- Computer and career education
- CPR and first aid
- Classes for older adults
Hard copies of our brochures are in public libraries, city offices, senior and community centers and Capistrano Unified School District school sites.
4. Don’t miss this blog: Debbie Ferrari translates many San Clemente streets from Spanish to English. Gracias!
5. Patch read of the day: Updated: Six Injured When Vehicle Crashes Into Building