1. We like this name: The Black Cat Bone band is playing Iva Lee’s tonight. We have no idea why we like this name. We just do.
2. Pitching San Clemente: The Orange County Transportation Authority is making videos on some cool destinations you can reach by Metrolink. Here’s the one for San Clemente, uploaded this past week.
3. Mixing it up: The San Clemente Chamber of Commerce is offering a sunset networking mixer, hosted by Elk’s Lodge, 1505 N. El Camino Real, at 5:30 tonight. Catering is by Café Mimosa. Discounted Member rate is $10, while prospective members pay $20.
4. Quirky day alert: Today is “be late for something day.” In honor of that, we were late posting this column!
5. Patch read of the day: USGS: Tsunami Would Inundate Low-Lying Areas
For other fun events, check our events calendar.