Start a new year of fitness and health by walking, jogging or racing in the outstanding Southern California Half Marathon & 5K event. www.schalfmarathon.com has all the race information needed (time schedule, map, registration info, race flyer, etc.).
This race supports the youth and schools in our community and is a fun new year fitness event filled with lots of people, music, food, great competition, product expo and lots of friends.
This is the first great road race of the year and it helps prepare runners for all the other big races coming up later in 2014, especially the marathons while at the same time providing for a fun and social way to develop health and fitness for the year.
The race features:
*** We offer $5.00 discount for 20+ member teams $10.00 sidcount for 30 + member teams. Call for details
1. Fast, flat, scenic, and festive course supervised by many enthusiastic monitors
2. Chip timing in the half marathon and the 5K
3. Commemorative finishing medals to all the Half Marathon finishers
4. Team competition for high school, corporate, open and public service teams
5. Entertainment throughout the course
6. Refreshments throughout the course
7. Digital Clocks at each mile marker for the half marathon and the 5K
8. Post race food feast (best one anywhere)
9. Pre and Post race expo with many interesting exhibits and vendors
10. Awards to the top 3 individuals in each age category
11. Awards to the top 5 male and female athletes in each of the three races.
12. Large field of runners (we expect 6,000+ )
The Southern California Half Marathon & 5K takes place on the streets of Irvine in Southern California. The start and finish is on Barranca Parkway between Lake and Creek. It benefits high school sports at Woodbridge as well as other local schools and non-profit organizations.