At least 14 local kids from families who may not be able to afford flashy Christmas presents will be feeling the love this Saturday.
That's when Pete van Nuys of Urban Bicycle Outfitters and North Beach local George Gregory will be turning over bicycles purchased with donations from the community.
They'll be distributed by the Orange County Fire Authority as part of the agency's annual Spark of Love toy drive held in conjunction with local television stations.
Friday afternoon, van Nuys and his employee Loren Wood painstakingly assembled the bikes in preparation for the handoff Saturday.
The following are the residents and businesses that donated bikes:
- George Gregory, San Clemente
- Urban Bicycle Outfitters, San Clemente
- Cynthia Anderson Home Loans, San Clemente
- Coffee Importers and the Miller Family of Dana Point
- Ganahl Lumber, San Juan Capistrano
- North Beach Green Alternative
- Mayor Bob Baker, San Clemente
- Peter Drilling & Contracting, San Clemente
- Antoine's Cafe, San Clemente
- Kathleen Ward and Sharon Ruiz, San Clemente
- Gary and Linda Hopp, San Clemente
- Consolidated Electric, San Clemente
- Power Source Electric, San Clemente
- Larry Culbertson, San Clemente