Will the city turn six acres off Felipe Road into a new dog park?
A location just south of Gilleran Park was approved in January 2011 for a large dog area, a small dog area, a single dog area, a gravel parking lot for 42 vehicles, fencing and turf.
Now the City Council must approve a contract bidding process Monday if it plans to move the project forward.
If the bidding is approved, here's a timeline for the future dog park:
- Dec. 3: Permission to go to bid
- Dec. 14: Advertise for bids
- Jan. 10, 10 a.m.: Mandatory pre-bid walkthrough at the site for potential builders
- Jan. 22: Bids due
- Feb. 18: Contract awarded
- March 4: Construction begins (120 working days)
The contract will cost an estimated $860,000 for grading, some fencing, the gravel lot, electrical, irrigation and turf.