1. Road trip! The public is invited to attend the tour stops and sign the Wounded Warriors Family Support Mustang to show their appreciation for our country’s military families as part of the High Five Tour 2013. The tour also is raising funds to build two “smart homes” for two deserving wounded warriors and their families. Check it out from 3-3:30 p.m. Tuesday at Sport Clips Haircuts, 638 Camino de los Mares, Suite F-100, San Clemente.
2. SONGS investigation continues: Participation hearings in the California Public Utility Commission’s investigation into the outage of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station are scheduled 2.-5 p.m. AND 6:30-9:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Al Bahr Shriners Building, 5440 Kearny Mesa Road in, San Diego. You can listen in by phone toll-free at 877-347-9604, passcode 771069;. And it’s also available in real-time and archived thereafter via audio webcast.
3. Bound to make the kids happy, at least: No school for public school children this Friday as Capistrano Unified gives them the day off so teachers can get training in the new Common Core curriculum.
4. You gotta know when to hold ‘em: The iHope Holds Gala Poker Tournament is at 6 p.m. Friday at the Holiday Inn. It promises big prizes, professional dealers, drawings, a silent auction, dancing and more. Be a sponsor. Play is $75, or $25 for no-play entry. Food will be offered by famed local restaurants, prizes of trips, race track tickets and MUCH more. See here for more information.
5. Chowder up: San Clemente Seafest is 9:30 a.m. a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. The Chamber’s annual event at the San Clemente Pier featuring the famous Chowder Cook-off as well as an arts and crafts show, surf contest, business expo, kids activities and much more! Free shuttle and parking available at San Clemente High School. 949.492.1131,
For other fun events, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Clemente Patch.