1. Get a grip on drugs: OC GRIP and the Orange County Sheriff’s Department invite you to a presentation (in Spanish) about drug trends at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at Las Palmas Elementary School in the MPR. Y … OC GRIP y Orange County Sheriff’s Department los invitan a una presentacion sobre las tendencias de las drogas emergentes. Donde: Las Palmas Elementary School MPR. Cuando: martes 10 de Diciembre, 2013 hora: 1:30 p.m.
2. Toys for the needy: Family Assistance Ministries is in need of new, unwrapped toys for the Annual Christmas Toy and Shoe Event. Help ensure a memorable Christmas for kids from local families who may otherwise not receive any presents. Please deliver toys and gift cards to FAM’s Resource Center at 1030 Calle Negocio, San Clemente by Dec. 11. The office is open 9 a.m.– 3 p.m.
3. Get artys: Jennifer Joyce Ceramic Arts is having an open house 5-9 p.m. Thursday and 1-6 p.m. Friday.
4. Give blood for the needy: Wavetech Industries is hosting a blood drive 9 a.m. Thursday. Wavetch is at 232 Avenida Fabricante, Suite 110, San Clemente.
5. What’s Christmas without the Nutcracker? Casa Romantica presents the classic play performed by the Orange County Ballet Theater 7 p.m. Thursday. General admission $30.
6. Get a visit from Santa: Would you like Santa Claus to visit your home, party, school or special function? The city of San Juan Capistrano Community Services Department offers Santa house calls. Visits are available for 15, 20, 30, 45 or 60 minutes. We service the communities of San Juan Capistrano, Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, San Clemente, Talega and Capistrano Beach. For cost and availability please call (949) 493-5911 or stop by the San Juan Capistrano Community Center. All Santas have been fingerprinted and have completed an investigation by the Department of Justice. Photos of our Santas are available to view.
7. Music on tap, the weekday edition: Kris Winrich plays Iva Lee’s Wednesday, Shawn Jones is there Thursday. Rabbi Blue plays the Cellar Wednesday.
For other fun events, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Clemente Patch.