1. Come home, Tritons, come home: Our team's been having a tough season, but that doesn't mean we can't yell like crazy for them at tonight's homecoming game against the El Toro Chargers. Go Tritons!
2. Plants, plants, get your plants!. The SC Garden Club and Beaches, Parks and Rec Committee host the annual plant sale with veggies and herbs, seeds and bulbs, flowers, succulents and much more from 8 a.m.-1 p.m Saturday at the San Clemente Community Center.
- City Hall - 100 Avenida Presidio - 949-361-8200
- City of SC Parks & Recreation Dept. - 100 North Calle Seville - 949-361-8264
- San Clemente Aquatic Center - 987 Ave. Vista Hermosa - 949-429-8797
- San Clemente Chamber of Commerce - 1100 N. El Camino Real - 949-492-1131
4. Break bread with the mayor: Mayor Bob Baker is moving his open-door office hours to Panera. in the Talega Village Center at 802 Avenida Talega, Suite 100 in San Clemente. The first meet-the-mayor meeting is scheduled from 8:30 to 10 a.m Saturday. Members of the public are invited to join Baker on the rear patio of the restaurant
5. Pastor Rick Warren is coming: The leader of mega-sized Saddleback Church will make his first visit to the San Clemente campus since his son committed suicide earlier this year. Saddleback San Clemente church service times are: 9 and 11 a.m.
6. Music on tap: Molly Bloom’s Irish Bar & Restaurant: Boozy Bingo will play 9 tonight. OC Tavern: Hunter and the Dirty Jacks, 9:30 tonight. Iva Lee’s: Theo & The Zydeco Patrol : 7:30-11 p.m. Saturday. Goody’s Tavern: Deloreans 9 tonight, Rum Soaked Raisin: 9 p.m. Saturday.
For other fun events, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Clemente Patch.