1. Dress your Shorecliffs students warm Friday: Students at Shorecliffs will participate in the annual Shake Out Drill after lunch Friday, which involves students sitting outside on the grass for 20-25 minutes, while designated staff members practice emergency operations. Bring a jacket, kiddoes.
2. Dress in your jammies, Benedict and Vista Del Mar Middle students: It’s pajama day at Truman Benedict Elementary and Vista Del Mar Middle schools. Not only are students encouraged NOT to change when they wake up, they’re invited to bring a new pair to donate.
3. Help a family: If you’d like to shop for needy children, seniors, victims of domestic abuse and special needs adults this Christmas, stop by the tree at the San Clemente Community Center, 100 North Calle Seville. The San Clemente Junior Women’s Club has hung ornaments with various gift suggestions. Take an ornament and return with the gift by Tuesday. A designated gift bin and appreciative recipients are waiting.
4. You light up my harbor: The Dana Point Harbor boat parade of lights is tonight at 7:30 p.m.
5: Families getting help: Family Assistance Ministries will be distributing food to 400 families between 9 a.m. and noon Saturday at the organization’s office, 1030 Calle Negocio, San Clemente.6. Celebrate the season with song: The San Clemente Choral Society presents Christmas concerts at 2 and 7 p.m. at St. Andrew’s by-the-Sea,
2001 Calle Frontera. Tickets available online here.
7. Here comes Santa Claus! Santa Claus is coming early to San Clemente with a planned stop at Santa’s Village by the Sea from 2-7:30 p.m. Saturday, starting at the San Clemente Community Center.
It’s double the fun in San Clemente with Santa, cookie decorating, hot chocolate, crafts and much more holiday cheer for the whole family to enjoy! Begin your day with a holiday spectacular at the Holly Jolly Hoopla at the Community Center. Decorate a holiday cookie in Mrs. Claus’ Bakery, visit with Santa (bring your camera), walk through the Candy Cane Factory, snack on popcorn while watching The Polar Express, and listen to sounds of holiday cheer. Children can also create ornaments this year at the event. Children can either take their ornament home or donate it to be hung on the Community Center or the City Hall Christmas trees. There is no charge to attend the event; however, food and activities will be available for a nominal fee.
9. Music on Tap: Iva Lee’s has the Chris Anderson Group tonight and Missy Anderse Saturday, Knuckleheads has Pier Pressure IV Saturday. The Cellar has Boundary Birds Sunday.
For other fun events, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Clemente Patch.