1. Why wait until the 31st? The YMCA at two local schools are letting you drop the kids off tonight to have some Halloween fun while you have any kind of fun you want. The first is at Vista del Mar YMCA from 6-10 tonight. It will include pizza, a piñata, lots of games, costume contest, crafts and yummy treats. Cost is $20 for the first child, $15 for siblings. For more information, please contact Carole Fitzpatrick, childcare director, Vista del Mar BEACH CITIES YMCA, at 949-492-0428 or email@example.com. The second similar event is at Lobo Elementary YMCA. Cost is $20 but you can save $5 if you bring three stocking stuffers for Stockings for Troops charity. Contact Stacey Kohler at (949) 369-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
2. Why wait, part II? From 7:30-10:30 tonight, dance and celebrate Halloween AND Oktoberfest at the monthly dancing event at the San Clemente Community Center, featuring a lesson in Merengue and Polka steps followed by open dancing to recorded music. Costumes encouraged. Admission $10. 100 Calle Seville, 949.498.0233.
3. Get enlightened without the radiation: San Clemente Green, part of the Coalition to Decommission San Onofre, is putting on a symposium about nuclear waste. Spend Saturday afternoon discussing the future of San Onofre with two experts in the field of nuclear waste and decommissioning. The event is scheduled to start at 1:30 p.m. at theCenter for Spiritual Living Capistrano Valley. See here for more details.
4. Oktoberfest, San Clemente-style: San Clemente is getting its own Oktoberfest. Check out tlive German music, craft beer from local brewers, food, games and competitions held at Old City Plaza, 111 W. Avenida Palizada. Cost is $10 at the door.
6. Music on tap: Goody’s Tavern has Sonic Park tonight at 9 and Sugar Lips at 9 p.m. Saturday. Molly Bloom’s Irish Bar & Restaurant: has Shades of J at 9 tonight and The Monsoons at 9 p.m. Saturday. The Bayou Brothers plays from 7:30-11 p.m. Saturday at Iva Lee’s.
For other fun events, check our events calendar.
Click here for today’s top stories from San Clemente Patch.